11 Tips On How To Get Followed On Google Plus.
Google Plus is the place to be if you want to promote your business. To date, G+ has more than one billion registered users, around 359 million of which are active users. Aside from this, Google Plus has a couple of friendly features that aren’t available on any social network.
In addition to all the cool features, Google Plus has dramatically shown improved search engine rankings which is the reason enough for you to start joining the social platform. By integrating G+ in your business, you will be able to boost your SEO efforts as well as increase the online exposure of your business.
Before we discuss the tips on how to get followers on G+, you should have an idea what Google Plus is and what it can do to your business.
9 Reasons why you should use Google+ for your Business.
I have always used Pinterest and other social platforms to market my business. Reading through reliable resources on the internet, I learned a few reasons why Google Plus is a better platform to use for your business.
1. G+ posts are not limited to temporary 140 characters like Twitter. It isn’t for meeting up with people like that on Facebook. You should know that Google Plus is promoted by the biggest tech platform on the planet and that being said, you should be taking advantage of this as your business will be prioritized by Google.
2. You can be a part of a new experience with Google Plus. In just a year and a half, it has earned the title of the second biggest social network in the world.
3. Everything you post on your Google Plus is automatically indexed by Google! How cool is that? In a study by Optify, it revealed that the websites that appear on the first page of Google get as much as 54.8% clicks from users.
4. Entering the realm of Google Plus means that you will have a great deal of resources that is available in one place. With Google plus, you have Hangouts, Youtube, Google, Communities, Gmail, Google Maps and a whole lot more! Each of these was created to enhance your marketing strategies.
5. Google Plus gives you the opportunity to find specific information that is adjusted and related to your personal interests and preferences. This is quite amazing since it’s a combination of people, context, and information. Your brand has the chance to show up in searches of thousands of G+ users who are in your circle of interests. And that is totally awesome!
6. The +1 button has the ability to establish a trend beyond the robotic algorithms of website rankings. The +1 button was proven to get 3.5x more visits on Google+.
7. With Google Plus, your brand can participate in different communities. This means that your brand can go around connecting with people actively around the globe. You can easily connect with prospect customers in Google Plus simply by finding them in groups.
8. Connecting via Google Plus is always free of charge. Hangouts offers a great opportunity to interact with your users.
9. With Google Plus, you can be in a place where your customers want to be. Google+ Local allows users to share and discover places. With the use of the scoring system, they can read reviews and get information regarding your business before even visiting it. The information will come from those who have already been part of their circles, hence there is trust from someone they know.
Google Plus instantly became my favorite social platform although many view G+ as a direct clone of Facebook. On a brighter light, Google Plus is so much more than that. Google Plus has shown powerful tools that you wouldn’t find on any social media platform. There are a few interesting things about Google Plus that might surprise you.
Surprising Facts and Figures about Google Plus.
Although Google Plus is most of the time viewed as a direct copy of Facebook, it is nevertheless, have a lot of features that is incomparable to any other social media platforms. Here are a few facts and figures that you might want to know about Google Plus.
- Google Plus ranks second as the largest social networking site – Facebook being the number one rank.
- G+ has more users than Twitter – about 60% more.
- The monthly registered users of G+ is a whopping 540 million!
- In a month, about 300 million users are actively using Google Plus.
- To date, Google+ mobile app is the 4th most popular app in the world.
- 30% of the G+ app users are using Smartphones.
- Each week, Google Plus has a recorded 1.5 billion photo uploads.
- G+ is male dominated with about 60% male users and 25% female users.
- Every day about 625,000 people has decided to join Google Plus.
- G+ has the best photo enhancing tools compared to other social media networks.
Now that we’ve covered reasons why you should Google Plus and the interesting facts and figures that come along with it, let’s now discuss how you can get followers on the second largest social network on the planet.
11 Tips to get followers on Google Plus:
1. Create detailed profile.
Creating a detailed profile will help users identify your business and what services you are offering. In you Google Plus profile alone, you can already start marketing yourself. Provide useful information to users
2. Create custom cover.
Your cover photo is one way you can show what you are offering. Make sure that your photo is resized exactly as it should appear on your page. Make it clear and concise so that everyone who’d have a quick view of it will know exactly what your business is all about.
3. Have a clear photo of yourself.
The best photo you can add to your Google+ is your company logo if your account is for business. If it’s for your personal use, a clear photo of you to depict that you are not a fake account will do. Remember that establishing your social presence is the key to gaining more followers on Google Plus.
4. Post daily.
As I have mentioned earlier, posts in G+ are automatically indexed by Google. It’s a good strategy if you post daily regarding your business as this has a better chance of getting noticed online since it has the possibility of being featured by Google depending on user relevancy.
5. Plus and comment on other’s posts.
Comment on posts on Google Plus and share your insights with other users. Always add value to your company by providing useful information that others will be interested in. Doing this will help your brand gain recognition in G+.
6. Share other’s posts.
If you find useful posts that others might want to read, share them in your profile. Again, you have to add value to your page and one way to do this is to provide useful content to your followers.
7. Use @ sign to mention others.
Mention others when posting on Google Plus. When you mention, your posts can go viral depending on your mentions and again, your post relevancy.
8. Use # Hashtags.
Hashtags works synonymously as it does on Twitter. When users are in search of reliable information, they have the tendency of using hashtags for searches. Take advantage of this but make sure too that you are utilizing the right hashtags for your posts. However, don’t overuse Hashtags in your Googe Plus posts, as using more than 3 relevant Hashtags per post otherwise will look rather spammy. You can learn more about Hashtag Strategy here.
9. Engage with others.
User engagement is the key to gaining more followers on Google Plus. Engaging with users in your circles only goes to show that you value them more than just as your followers. Providing useful content and information is essential when engaging with your circle. Always make sure that what you are posting are relevant to whatever discussion there is.
10. Follow other users.
It is just but right that you follow back other users who follow your Google Plus. This will help you grow your circle and gain more followers that have the same interest as you. If your company is promoting carpets and other home maintenance essentials, follow those that are similar to your industry or those who might be interested in your service.
11. Be active and post Daily.
Being active in Google Plus can give you a higher ground when promoting your brand online. Aside from the fact the G+ was created by Google, it can also give you the edge of online visibility higher than any other social media platform out there.
Remember that Google prioritizes what it has created. And since Google Plus is their own product, expect that your brand and company is well taken cared of and explicitly promoted online when you utilize Google Plus. Start using Google Plus today and begin growing your social network in the world’s second largest social media platform.
Lastly, you can Tweet about this:Social Media is Not about Sales, it is about being Helpful.Click To Tweet
Have Something to add to this list?
Share it in the Comments
And PIN it to WIN it!
Latest posts by Anna Zubarev (see all)
- Impressive Truth of Daily Habits of Successful Pinterest Users - March 21, 2017
- Top 8 FREE Graphic Tools To Get Your Pins Go Viral - June 16, 2016
- Ultimate Pinterest Strategy Guide And How To Create One. - May 18, 2016
- Quick-Start Guide For Social Media Image Optimization. - May 11, 2016
- How to Leverage Pinterest And Drive Traffic To Your Blog - May 4, 2016